Sunday, November 13, 2016

Weren't you old enough last year?

My Uncle Dennis, who is my Dad's youngest brother, would come and help my Dad work on my house.  I have a picture below of him working on my garage roof.  His birthday was on Friday so this is the card that I made for him which is using a sentiment from TLC and an image from Doctor Digis.  I found this background which I thought was perfect from Digital Delights.  Then the brads look like phillip screws which are perfect for the project.




Patterned Paper:  Paper Studio; Recollections
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollections
Burlap - stash
Stamp:  Doctor Digi - Man of the House (see above for direct link)
Background:  Digital Delights - Tool time value set (see above for direct link)
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - Old Enough
Circle Punches:  EK Success
Hemptique
Brads: Recollection

Challenges
Naughty or Nice - Ch. 33 Don't pull your punches
Cute Card Thursday - Ch 451 Use something metallic
Brown Sugar - Ch. 224 Anything Goes

15 comments:

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Fantastic card Lisa! I'm sure your uncle loved it! Fabulous coloring and I love the texture the burlap gives it! Awesome papers and brads! Perfect sentiment too!

Brenda

Kathie said...

Great card Lisa, love this image and all your added embellishments couldn't be more perfect, especially the Phillip's screw brads. I bought some last year they are wonderful for all the masculine cards I made. Did you hear about the earth quake here last night in New Zealand. We very really feel them where we live but last night our bed and doors were shaking, rather scary. Great card and thanks so much for sharing your talent with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for playing along at Naughty or Nice Challenges, Lisa Lynn, Jo x

Linda Anderson said...

Haha, love your card!! Perfect sentiment! Your brads and burlap are a wonderful touch for this masculine card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.

Linda

Chrissy said...

LOL...what a great sentiment for this handyman card Lisa Lynn..love the brads they are awesome..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Deb said...

How perfect, I do love to receive cards that have been well thought out! Love it!

Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week! Deb xx

Donna said...

Perfect is right! All your elements go so well together. And a great masculine card. I'm sure he loved it!

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Fabulous!! I love your card! It is so cute! Love the image with the bandaged knee! Funny! Thanks for sharing it with us at Naughty or Nice Challenges! Cyndi, DT

Cards Cart said...

Wonderful card.. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar Challenge
-Riddhi Shah (DT, Brown Sugar Challenge)

ELE said...

Lisa,
it's a very pretty card. Thank you for playing along at Brown Sugar this week.
We look forward to seeing you again next time.
Hugs
Brown Sugar DT
creativEle

Lindsey said...

Your card is terrific... but I especially love that sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges!

Heide said...

What a great card! Love all the detail and that super image. Thanks for joining us. Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

sweetbloominscraps said...

Great job! Love your card! I'm sure your uncle love it too!
Judi SSW2

anne said...

Such a fun card, love it! Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
Anne SSW2-DT

Kathie said...

Hi Lisa, congratulations on your Top 3 over at SSW2, I told you this was a great card. Wishing you a lovely weekend, we are off to Rotorua and then Tihoi in the morning as Ryan is graduating from Tihoi tomorrow and then back for a few days of school and then both boys are on their summer holidays for eight weeks.

Hugs
Kathie
xox